15 Adventures to Experience in Mesa AZ
THINGS TO DO IN MESA
In Mesa, Arizona it's easy to find adventure. Packed with excitement, the Mesa area offers visitors an explosion of educational, cultural and outdoor attractions. From interactive museums to Broadway musicals and old west towns, Mesa's got it all!
You'll have easy access to the area's most popular natural attractions, including Superstition Mountains, Apache Trail, Salt and Verde Rivers, Usery Mountain Regional Park and area lakes. Explore the mysterious Superstition Mountains or cruise Saguaro Lake aboard the Desert Belle and Canyon Lake aboard the Dolly Steamboat.
There's no shortage of family fun in Mesa, either, with kid-friendly museums that will entertain the little ones - and your inner child, too! Hear the roar of the dinosaurs at the Arizona Museum of Natural History. Let your imagination take flight by learning about vintage aircraft at the Commemorative Air Force Airbase Arizona. Spark your child's creativity with a visit to the i.d.e.a Museum. Soar the Sonoran skies on a hot air balloon ride and get in touch with nature at the nearby Phoenix Zoo.
1. Play beach volleyball at Tyndale Park. This park also features a sandy/stony beach, a large picnic shelter, washrooms and a play area.
2. Check out drop-in swimming times at the city’s rec centres. The Holly Recreation Centre features a waterslide, water cannons, diving boards and bucket drop.
3. Walk your dog in Ardagh Bluffs. Enter through Ardagh Road near Wildflower Court, off Mapleton Avenue south of St. Joan of Arc Secondary School, or at the south end of Penvill Trail.
4. Have a picnic at Vancouver Lookout or Nelson Lookout. Pack a lunch and enjoy stunning views of Lake Simcoe.
5. Go for a splash at Lampman Park. Check out the splash pad, upgraded tennis courts, skateboard park and basketball court.
6. Wander through the Barrie Union Cemetery. Near Anne Street and Cundles Road, this cemetery is the final resting place of many of Barrie’s founders.
7. Stop and smell the roses at the Southshore Community Centre garden. The Southshore Community Centre was originally a railway maintenance building. You can still see the foundations of an old roundhouse to the east of the building.
8. Stroll through The Gables on Tollendal Mill Road. This park is a great place to bring your binoculars. There’s forest to explore and shore to admire.
9. Ride your bike along North Shore Trail. Hit the old rail trail that runs near Barrie’s waterfront from the Oro-Medonte boundary to Heritage Park.
10. Paddle Lake Simcoe. Swing by the Barrie Canoe and Kayak Club is at the Southshore Community Centre.
11. Have some fun in the sun at Centennial and Johnson’s Beach. Beach bums will love these sandy beaches.
12. Fish off the spit at the city marina. Common species found lurking under the waters are lake trout, whitefish, bass, pike, walleye and perch
13. Skate at the Circle in the Square. Lace up for a few laps at this free outdoor rink at Barrie City Hall. Open seasonally.
14. Play disc golf on Ferndale Drive North. Try out this great new sport, which follows the same rules as golf. Park in the lot just north of the landfill site.
15. Family drop-in at MacLaren Art Centre. Get creative every Sunday when the art centre offers a program for the whole family.
Pest Control Mesa
Mesa is a suburb of Phoenix, and the third largest city in the state of Arizona. Mesa is abundant with residential communities as well as economic opportunities. The hot and dry weather can drive many unwanted pests into comfortable Mesa homes. Dangerous pests like the Black Widow Spider and the Bark Scorpion can be harmful and frightening. Other pests like fire ants and roaches can damage property and landscape. Protect your home from pesky pests and call a recommended exterminator today.